Ways to Connect Your Aadhaar To Your Savings account
Express News Global
You can connect your Aadhaar to your checking account online, through SMS or from an ATM
NDTV Profit Team|Last Updated: June 16, 2017
New Delhi: Understood as Aadhaar seeding, numerous banks have actually included a choice to include Aadhaar information online or through SMS in a specific format to a particular number offered by the bank. Some banks like SBI likewise permit clients to connect their Aadhaar number to their bank account at an ATM.
Here are various simple methods through which you can upgrade your aadhaar number in your checking account without needing to visit your bank branch:
To connect your Aadhaar to your checking account online:
– Login to the electronic banking service of your bank.
– Find the “Update Aadhar Card Details” choice or “Aadhaar Card Seeding” alternative and click it. On clicking, you will be directed to another page.
– Enter your Aadhaar card number and click Submit.
– The last 2 digits of signed up mobile number (non-editable) will be shown to the consumer.
– The bank will interact the status of the connecting to Customer’s signed up mobile number.
To connect your Aadhaar card to your checking account though SMS – If your mobile number is signed up with the Bank, then you can connect your Aadhaar number to your savings account through SMS.
– In case you are an SBI client send out SMS to 567676 in the following format: UID( area) Aadhaar number( area) Account number.
– If the mobile number is not signed up or in case the Aadhaar is currently connected to Account, an SMS reply will be sent out to you.
– If your mobile number is signed up with the Bank, you will get an SMS verification of the seeding demand.
– Many banks are yet to provide the alternative of connecting Aadhaar to checking account through SMS, so do examine through your bank’s consumer helpline if this alternative is offered.
To connect your Aadhaar card to your savings account from an ATM – Some banks like SBI provide a choice for seeding Aadhaar from an ATM
– After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu “Service– Registrations”
– In this menu, choose Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry based on your requirement).
– You can now pick the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number.